Terms & Conditions for using alalila.mu
Terms & Conditions
1. Logidis Limited (BRN C06005352) (“Logidis”) provides the Ala-lila Services (as defined in paragraph 2 below) through its website http://www.alalila.mu (“Ala-lila Website”) and the software application installed on your smartphone (“Ala- lila App”).
2. Logidis provides the following services (“Ala-lila Services”):
- The acceptance of bookings made through the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App, acting as agent for the transportation provider (as principal), but without prejudice to Logidis's rights at its sole and absolute discretion to decline any booking you seek to make;
- Allocating each accepted booking to a transportation provider;
- Keeping a record of each accepted booking;
- Remotely monitoring the performance of the booking by the transportation provider; and
- Receipt of and dealing with feedback, questions and complaints relating to any bookings made through the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App, which may be made by email: email@example.com. You are encouraged to provide your feedback if any of the transportation services provided by the transportation provider do not conform to your expectations.
3. For avoidance of doubt, Logidis does not itself provide transportation services. Logidis acts as intermediary between you and the transportation provider. You acknowledge and agree that the provision to you of transportation services by the transportation provider is pursuant to a transportation contract between you and the transportation provider. Logidis accepts your booking as agent for the transportation provider, but is not a party to the transportation contract.
4. Any booking made through the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App will produce a booking reference (Booking ID).
5. In order to use the Ala-lila Services, you must register for and maintain an active personal user account (“Account”). You must be at least 18 years of age, to obtain an Account. Account registration requires you to submit to Logidis certain personal information, such as your name, address, mobile phone number and age. You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in your Account. Your failure to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date Account information, may result in your inability to access and use the Ala-lila Services or Logidis’ termination of this agreement with you. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Account, and you agree to maintain the security and secrecy of your Account username and password at all times.
6. Logidis does not accept any responsibility for any errors and subsequent communication as a result.
7. After you place your booking, Logidis will:
- Send a text message and/or e-mail confirming that your booking has been saved.
- Provide you with the details of the transportation provider who will fulfil your booking.
8. Whenever possible, Logidis will try to accommodate any special requests that are placed at the time of the booking. Depending on the nature of the request, there may be additional charges and you will be notified of this before your booking takes place.
9. Logidis reserves the right to select or change the transportation provider or taxi driver.
10. Logidis does not guarantee to successfully find an available taxi or transport for every request.
11. The Ala-lila Services are provided by Logidis to you free of charge. Logidis reserves the right to introduce a fee for the provision of the Ala-lila Services. If Logidis decides to introduce such a fee, it will inform you accordingly and allow you to either continue or terminate your access to the Ala-lila Services through the Ala-lila Website or Ala-lila App at your option.
12. Prices for transportation services are automatically calculated via the Ala-lila platform and are calculated in terms of kilometers from the pick-up point to the destination addresses. Peak time, night time, pick-up waiting time, and zone surcharges may also be applicable and are automatically calculated via the Ala-lila platform. You can see the total fare for a trip upon making a booking.
13. The Ala-lila price tariffs are subject to changes. It is your responsibility to remain informed about the current rates for the transportation services.
14. No printed receipt will be issued but the receipt will appear in your Account.
15. Prices provided by Logidis at the time of booking, is calculated based on the following conditions:
- The correct pick up location to the correct destination entered when making the booking.
- The number of the passengers specified when making the booking.
- Return journey if stated during the booking.
- Correct Pick up date and time entered when making the booking.
16. Prices do not include:
- Waiting time at pick up point exceeding 20 minutes. After the first 20 minutes, an additional waiting time shall be charged at the rate of MUR 1 per minute (Rounded to nearest minute).
- Detours from the journey entered.
- Excess and oversize luggage unless specified on booking.
- Fouling of vehicles.
- Any other road charges.
- Tips for the driver.
17. The maximum waiting time for the transportation provider shall be 2 hours unless other specific arrangements has been agreed between you and Logidis, and the additional costs specified in paragraph 16 above shall apply.
18. You are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to use the Ala-lila Services. Your mobile network’s data and messaging rates and fees may apply if you access or use the Ala-lila Services from a wireless-enabled device and you shall be responsible for such rates and fees. You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Ala-lila Services and applications and any updates thereto. Logidis does not guarantee that the Ala-lila Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Ala-lila Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications.
19. Logidis shall not be liable for any failure in tracking resulting from Global Position System or network problem.
20. Logidis does not offer an online facility to update or change existing bookings. You can update bookings by calling the Ala-lila hotline on 8959.
21. Routes and Times
- The routes assigned for any trip is generated based on Google maps taking into consideration the shortest and most direct route from the pick-up point to the client's destination unless otherwise specified by the client at booking stage. The client will then be liable for any extra time incurred or mileage covered to meet its requirements, in addition to those quoted for.
- We endeavor to provide services at the times specified by the client, however, we take no responsibility for any consequential loss or inconvenience that might result from failure to adhere to the stated times.
- In case there is no response from Logidis at latest 30 minutes prior to pick up time, you should call the Ala-lila hotline on 8959 to ask for assistance.
- If there are no taxis available 30 minutes prior to pick up time, the booking will be cancelled and the client will be notified accordingly by SMS and email.
- You can only make a booking if there is at least a 60 minutes interval between booking request time and requested pick up time
22. Booking Time Restrictions
The Ala-lila taxi service with booking for an ASAP (As soon as possible) pick up is only available between 06:00 and 20:00 daily. If you will need to book a taxi for pick up after 20:00 for a specific day, please make an advance booking before 18:00 on that day.
23. Child seats
If, parents or guardians choose to use a car seat, they are required to take their own to ensure safety standards.
- You are allowed two items of luggage irrespective of the numbers of passengers travelling: one item with a maximum weight of 20 kg, e.g. a suitcase, and one piece of hand luggage weighing a maximum of 5 kg.
- When you have oversize bags or multiple suitcases, please contact the Ala-lila hotline beforehand to make sure they can be accommodated. Surcharges may apply.
- In the event that a larger vehicle is required to transport the excess/oversize luggage, the client will be required to cover the additional cost.
- When excess/oversize luggage has not been declared beforehand, then Logidis reserves the right to charge for the excess baggage or refuse to transport the items.
- If you are carrying any other type of luggage other than suitcases, such as sports equipment, you must notify us at the time of placing the booking as additional charges may apply.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Logidis will not be liable to you in respect of any acts or omissions of its employees, agents or sub-contractors, whether such liability arises in contract (by way of indemnity or otherwise), tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit or exclude Logidis' liability to you for personal injury or death caused directly by Logidis' negligence..
26. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Ala-lila Services, and you may only use such services for lawful purposes (e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials). You will not, in your use of the Ala-lila Services, cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party.
27. For airport pick-ups, it is imperative that the correct flight number is stated in order for Logidis to adjust pick up time in case there is any change in arrival time.
28. Cancellation by the client:
- The client must notify our operator on our hotline as early as possible. This will minimize the inconvenience, cost and expense to all parties involved. A cancellation fee of not more than MUR 500 may be claimed to the client should a booking be cancelled later than 1 hour prior to any pick up time.
- Unless specifically instructed, the cancellation of an outward journey will not cancel the return journey where a return journey was reserved as part of the same booking but at different times.
29. Your access and use of the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App constitute your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which establish a contractual relationship between you and Logidis. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App.
30. These Terms and Conditions expressly supersede prior agreements or arrangements with you. Logidis may terminate these Terms and Conditions with respect to you, or generally cease offering or deny access to the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App or any portion thereof, at any time for any reason. Logidis will provide you with as much notice as it reasonably can of such termination, cessation or denial, being at least 24 hours notice. However, Logidis reserves the right to terminate these Terms and Conditions or generally cease offering or deny access to the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App or any portion thereof, immediately at any time without notice if (i) you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, (ii) it is impractical to give such notice in the circumstances, or (iii) in Logidis’ opinion, any delay in such termination would expose Logidis or a third party to significant risk of harm or damage.
31. Logidis may amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective upon Logidis’ posting of such updated Terms and Conditions on the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App. Your continued access or use of the Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App after such posting constitutes your consent to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, as amended.
32. Logidis may provide to a claims processor or an insurer any necessary information (including your contact information) if there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, which may include an accident, involving you and a Third Party Provider (including a transportation provider) and such information or data is necessary to resolve the complaint, dispute or conflict.
33. The Ala-lila Services constitute a technology platform that enables users of Ala-lila Website or the Ala-lila App to pre-book and schedule transportation with independent third party transportation providers under agreement with Logidis (“Third Party Providers”). You acknowledge that Logidis does not provide transportation services or function as a transportation provider or carrier and that all such transportation, delivery and vendor services are provided by independent third party contractors who are not employed by Logidis or any of its affiliates.
34. Logidis makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee regarding the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability or availability of the Ala-lila Services or any services requested through the use of the Ala-lila Website or Ala-lila App, or that the services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Logidis does not guarantee the quality, suitability, safety or ability of Third Party Providers. you agree that the entire risk arising out of your use of the Ala-lila services, and any service requested in connection therewith, remains solely with you, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
35. Logidis shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, including lost profits, lost data, personal injury or property damage related to, in connection with, or otherwise resulting from any use of the Ala-lila services. Logidis shall not be liable for any damages, liability or losses arising out of: (i) your use of or reliance on the services or your inability to access or use the services; or (ii) any transaction or relationship between you and any Third Party Provider. Logidis shall not be liable for delay or failure in performance resulting from causes beyond Logidis’ reasonable control.
36. Ala-lila’s Services may be used by you to request and schedule transportation services with Third Party Providers, but you agree that Logidis has no responsibility or liability to you related to any transportation services provided to you by Third Party Providers other than as expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
37. You agree to indemnify and hold Logidis and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Ala-lila Services; (ii) your breach or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions; (iii) your violation of the rights of any third party, including Third Party Providers.
38. Data protection
Logidis hereby undertakes to abide by all applicable provisions of the Mauritius Data Protection Act 2017 when handling your personal information.
Please refer to the Privacy Notice of Logidis which forms an integral part of these terms and conditions.
39. Governing law and dispute resolution
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Mauritius and you hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mauritius for the purposes of litigating any dispute pertaining to these terms and conditions.